To take courses from ITU Graduate School programs as a special student in accordance with ITU Senate Principles Article 24, students have to meet the following requirements;
- To be registered student at a Higher Education Institute out of ITU.
- To have completed at least one semester at the current institute and have at least 3.00 GPA out of 4.00.
- Students who would like to take a course whose medium of instruction is English must document their English Proficiency with a valid English Test Result.
Those who are interested in taking a course as a special student in the Spring Semester of 2022-2023 Academic Year should e-mail the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org from January 30 to February 3, 2023.
Applications made out of these dates will not be taken into consideration.
- Special Student Application Form. Applicants should fill out the form online, and the signatures must be in complete, otherwise the applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Student certificate obtained within last fortnight. The certificate obtained from e-devlet system is also valid.
- A transcript obtained within last fortnight from the institute the applicant currently enrolled in.
- A copy of ID card.
- English Proficiency Test Score. To find out the valid English Tests and minimum scores, visit the ITU Registrar's Office website. Those who cannot document their English Proficiency are not allowed to take a course taught in English.
To find out the course schedules, click here. Course codes are available on the ITU Registrar's Office website.
- There are no fees special students have to pay.
- Students should be careful about schedules of the courses. The courses students want to enroll in should not be held simultaneously.
- ITU Graduate School students cannot enroll in any courses as a special student.
- Special students will be able to document their grades with a transcript at the end of the semester.
- Students’ own institute can have its regulation for taking a course as a special student, so it is advisable to contact their institute first and act accordingly.
- If the registered institute approves the student to take courses from ITU as a special student, it should notify this officially. Accordingly, ITU sends the course grades student takes to the related institute at the end of the semester.